Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Espousing Pithiness

So you ask, what have you been doing? You haven’t written a blog entry in a long time? Well while living the dream of thinking big Marketing 2.0 thoughts and driving the corresponding actions, I started to question the value of a blog. Oh yes, it’s there, but I think the format of mine and others needs to change. We are all super time starved, and I think lengthy musings just don’t do it for folks. However, at the same time I was questioning the nature of business blogging, my small readership was coming out of the woodwork to question why I hadn’t written in a while. My most current opinion is that I need to keep it short for my sanity and yours. With that said, I am going to completely violate that today as I am going to show you right here a couple of the things I’ve been up to since the last post.

First of all, I’ve been working on a website that will be a companion piece to this blog (indeed the blog is embedded in it) to capture resource links and threads to the points we discuss here. In the next week or so, I’ll be transferring a lot of the Marketing 2.0 resources I assembled for an internal corporate audience to this public space.

Here’s what it looks like (built with the new beta release of Netvibes).





This next item is impossible to read and Blogger's upload converted me to a member of the Blue Man Group. So dear reader(s), if you are up on the latest file posting techniques for blogs, let me know. Google Docs wanted this in HTML and it looked pretty bad though not as bad as what you see below. It’s a paper a wrote that will appear in a publication called Perform that is published by the same folks that run the magazine, Revenue Today. Anyway – some thoughts on why I believe web 2.0 is actually supporting very old behaviors for how we buy and sell not new ones. If you are interested, e-mail me, and I’ll send you a copy.



All for this addition. Shorter and pithier next time. Promise.






No comments: